Homecoming Week begins Monday, September 19! Homecoming is a time for us to celebrate those who came before us...the Vikings who had a role in making our school the wonderful place it is today. It is a time for us to celebrate our school, and we certainly have a great deal to celebrate!
Mark your calendars for the following festivities planned for Homecoming Week:
Monday, September 19-Friday, September 23
Homecoming Dress-Up Days
Themed dress-up days are planned for students in grades 8-12 and Preschool-7th grades.
Wednesday, September 21
Powder Puff Game 6:30 p.m.
Enjoy a St. Anne-Pacelli Homecoming Week tradition: The Powder Puff Game on Deimel Field!
Thursday, September 22
Doug Harris Memorial Bonfire 7 p.m.
All students and their families are invited to enjoy a free hot dog dinner during the Doug Harris Memorial Bonfire in the parking lot near Deimel Field.
Friday, September 23
School Pep Rally at 2:20 p.m. in the Gym
Viking 500: Race to Replace Ribbon Cutting 5:30 p.m.
Come check out our new high school floors! We'll gather near the entrance to the high school principal's office.
Alumni Social 6-7:15 p.m.
Alumni are invited to enjoy light hors d'oeuvres, drinks (please bring your ID; beer and wine will only be served to those 21 and older) and fellowship with friends in the High School Auditorium!
Homecoming Game 7:30 p.m.
Come cheer on the St. Anne-Pacelli Vikings as they play the Central High School Hawks from Talbotton, GA on Deimel Field.
Alumni Homecoming RSVPs
Complimentary tickets to the Homecoming Game will be provided for each alum and his/her guest. Please email Alumni Director Katie Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18th if you plan on attending the Alumni Social and Homecoming Game. We look forward to welcoming you back to campus!
Saturday, September 24
Homecoming Dance 8-11 p.m., Mother of Mercy Courtyard
Rain location: High School Auditorium
Price: $20 per couple or $15 per person; pre-sale tickets will be on sale during lunch Monday, September 12-Friday, September 23; evening of the event admission is $20 per person.
1. Students in grades 9-12 are allowed to attend the Homecoming Dance.
2. Students can attend the dance with or without a date.
3. If a date is a student from outside of St. Anne-Pacelli, the date must be pre-approved by the principal. There is a form (available in the High School Counseling Office) each student must complete by September 16th if they plan to bring a date from another school. Students from outside of our school who do not have prior approval via the approval form will not be allowed to attend the dance. Dates must be in at least 9th grade and no older than 20 years of age.
4. Once a student enters the Homecoming Dance, they are not allowed to leave the dance and then return.
5. Faculty members will serve as dance chaperones.
6. Please ensure Homecoming Dance attire falls within the general dress guidelines of "modest, clean and appropriate for a Catholic school environment," as referenced in our student/parent handbook (pages 17-20). Any students who have questions about their dress for the dance are welcome to bring in their dress for approval prior to the event.
7. Drop-off/pick-up location: High School Auditorium (please use Sheffield Drive entrance near Pacelli Bell Tower)
We look forward to a fabulous Homecoming Week! Go Vikings!!!
St. Anne-Pacelli Catholic School
2020 Kay Circle
Columbus, GA 31907
Mission Statement: St. Anne-Pacelli Catholic School, through Catholic formation and academic excellence, is committed to the spiritual, intellectual, and physical development of the students entrusted to our care.